US supports Israel's potential attack on Iran - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
US supports Israel's potential attack on Iran
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:36 AM on j-body.org
Not that I was not expecting something along these lines, just heard Bush on the radio saying how US will fully support Israel should they choose to launch pre-emptive strikes against Iran`s nuclear and other facilities.

My question to you boys and girls is How can anyone expect any solution to Palestinian-Israeli conflict when US is openly supporting Israel in military operations, now even pre-emptive ones. How do you think this is destabilizing for the entire region, especially Syria and Saudi Arabia... I mean heck, someone has approval of US to attack you anytime they want and if you retaliate, US is in. Wonderful isn`t it.

Peacekeeping at its best

CAC2004 FSS#1, 2003,2004 Atlantic FSP #1, 2004 Overall Atlantic #1

Re: US supports Israel's potential attack on Iran
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:15 AM on j-body.org
This is most Distressing, but expected with this group of neocons. Israel is a rogue state by every meaning of the word, and a case could be made to include us in this as well. You have to remember, Bush and Sharron do not want peace. If Bush wanted peace, he would lean on Sharron harder. If Sharron and Israel wanted peace, they would stop bulldozing neighborhoods and building security walls on PALESTINIAN TERRITORY. The Jews are ethnically cleansing the "Holyland" through land grabs and economic warfare. By the time the walls are finished the Palestinian land will be 21% the size of the original charter mandated in 1948. This isn't about peace. It's about ethnocentrism, empire, and religion.

What's cooler..than being cool?
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:09 AM on j-body.org
Where's a link to the story? Someone must of picked up on this? No?

---

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:13 PM on j-body.org
Why would anyone be surprised. This behaviour is nothing new at all.. The US was planting car-bombs in Lebanon in the 80's.. They did much before and have done much since. They have been allied again the rest of the neighbourhood for decades. You will see that in the "Will the US attack Iran" thread, my response was, no, they'll have Isreal do it. Well, now look.. We are being prepared for the coming news that "Isreal has unilaterally attacked Iranian weapons facilities". There will not be much mention of the US involvement and absolutely no proof that the target was (a) hit accurately and successfully, and (b) that it was in fact manufacturing weapons.

This is how it is done.. Or at least how it has been done in the past, and it seems effective.. Nobody remembers operation "Iron Fist" at all, save a few like myself.

PAX
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:44 PM on j-body.org
NEOCONS Are Cool Viva PNAC

And just to think Syria and Iran are in bed together also but. Hey it is going to make an interesting 100 Year War that we are going to be involved in the Middle East. Iraq is just the beggining.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:35 PM on j-body.org
NfamousZ24 wrote:NEOCONS Are Cool Viva PNAC

And just to think Syria and Iran are in bed together also but. Hey it is going to make an interesting 100 Year War that we are going to be involved in the Middle East. Iraq is just the beggining.

"interesting 100 Year war" ? If Bush doesn't get us blown up first! This week he is giving Russia @!#$ ! Who's he going to tell how to run there country next week?

New Yeller
Rice is nice,but where's the BEEF!
02lssport.jpg
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:41 AM on j-body.org
That would be China next. Rumsfield and Porter Goss are saying they are an imminent military threat to US interest and our military. But I wonder if either of them have read the actual CIA analysis which says China is 20 years behind the US technologically and will stay that way for the concievable future, or that China spends one tenth of our military budget......lies lies lies, once again

What's cooler..than being cool?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:56 AM on j-body.org
Then China will attack Hong Kong and take it over and then they will get sped up by 15+ years. Or wait why would they stop there they can easily hop over to Japan and be right there with us.

Just get ready for Japan to become Necular they are capable to go necular within 6 months.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:06 AM on j-body.org
China got Hong Kong back in their possession in 1997.. Where have you been? It was the end of a treaty, and was handed back peacefull with much fan-fare.

20 years behind and 350 million strong.. Just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it's weak.. Remember China's attitude toward human life.. They will just through a wall of bodies at anyone they battle. It's a numbers game at this point.

PAX
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:56 AM on j-body.org
It wouldn't be the first time that Israel attacked an Iranian nuclear facility; they bombed and destroyed a nuclear "powerplant" being built for "peaceful purposes" during the early eighties. Not that I support the president in his statement, but which do you think is more destabilizing in the region? Iran (and potentially Syria) with nuclear weapons or Israel? I'm sorry, but IMO I'd rather see a strong Israel than any avowed terrorist nation with nuclear weapons. Keep in mind, Israel has had nuclear capability for at least 20 years.

As for Bush's position on Russia, we bailed them out financially (to the tune of billions of dollars) in the eighties and nineties with the condition that they would implement democratic reforms. In recent months, Putin has put in place many policies that erase the gains that democracy has made in the past 10 or 15 years. He has effectively neutralized any legal opposition, clamped down on the press, and has taken the right to name provincial governors for himself. People in those regions no longer have the right to democratically elect those that represent them. So yes, the U.S. is sticking its nose in Russian business, but the Russians accepted that consequence by taking U.S. aid.

(need '87 Z24 hood)
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:04 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:China got Hong Kong back in their possession in 1997.. Where have you been? It was the end of a treaty, and was handed back peacefull with much fan-fare.

20 years behind and 350 million strong.. Just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it's weak.. Remember China's attitude toward human life.. They will just through a wall of bodies at anyone they battle. It's a numbers game at this point.

PAX

Holy Crap why did I say Hong Kong WTF I need to go to bed it is way past my bed time lol (3rd shift)

Replace Hong Kong with Taiwan there that is better sorry.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:33 PM on j-body.org
My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the mainland Chinese government never had control of Taiwan. The Chinese that are there now took it over in 1949 from tribal peoples while fleeing from the communist revolution. Both parties claim to be the legitamit government of China (in it's entirety), and therein lies the conflict.

Ever notice products from Taiwan often say ROC on them? That is Taiwan Republic of China.. That not "The People's Republic of China" which is the mainland.

OH yes, there could be big fireworks there.

I thought the Isrealis bombed a Iraqi nuclear facility in the 80s.. Am I wrong about that?

PAX
Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:09 PM on j-body.org
here's some intresting logic for you...

If Israel were to bomb a nuclear facility in Iran, there would have to be civillian workers there. If they did that without any warning to them, wouldn't it be construed as a terrorist attack by Israel?

Thus, We're supporting terrorism (Big surprise there...)

Thus, the War on Terror is hypocritical.

And we reelected this guy...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:52 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:

I thought the Isrealis bombed a Iraqi nuclear facility in the 80s.. Am I wrong about that?

PAX

You sir are correct

Quote:

Members of the Israeli parliament publicly have called for pre-emptive strikes now, which Tel Aviv used in 1981 to take out a nuclear reactor being built for Saddam Hussein's Iraq. But the greater distances and the more mature Iranian program mean any Israeli mission would be far tougher than the one-target strike on the Osiraq plant.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050221-123842-3048r.htm

Friday, February 25, 2005 10:11 AM on j-body.org
BTW, If you read into the facts about the Iraqi facility, it was a single reactor facility. Iraq needed enriched uranium and processed plutonium from other sources. Iran however, has enrichment sites, and multiple soviet-style reactors.

Those reactors have fewer safe guard mechanisms, and should the cooling mechanism be compromised (by say, a MOAB), the reactor can't be shut down in time to avert a melt down. Look into why Chernobyl went super-critical, and you'll see that a fire in the lead-brick lining of the the reactor chamber melted coolant lines.

Bombing those facilities would be a MAJOR mistake. Notwithstanding the fact that there's about 13 individual reactors in about 4-5 discreet plants, look at what happened when just ONE reactor went super-critical in the Ukraine, and then multiply that by about 10 times.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 25, 2005 10:22 AM on j-body.org
There will never be an open war between two large countries again. Like US and China. Ever. Well maybe not ever, but certainly not initiated by US.

Wars cost money. Look at this miniscule Iraq (compared to China), it is draining US economy... It will be a challenge to keep the economy functioning if they stay say 5-10 years in there. Now imagine large scale war! US and China would drain the money like crazy, your standard would dissapear and in the end there would be both losers with bunch of very unhappy people. In the meantime Europe and Russia would be growing and capitalizing on the economic fall off US and China.

Things dont work the same way they used to. So big war - no-no

CAC2004 FSS#1, 2003,2004 Atlantic FSP #1, 2004 Overall Atlantic #1

Friday, February 25, 2005 11:47 AM on j-body.org
Never say never, Vlad. Humans are stupid.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, February 25, 2005 10:04 PM on j-body.org
Humans aren't stupid individually... but apparently there isn't anyone offering to dazzle you with brilliance, so you chose bafflement by bullshjt!

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search