Made a call to GM.. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Made a call to GM..
Monday, October 25, 2010 6:56 PM
Just a question about the front bumpers on the cobalts. I just bought a 2010 cobalt, have had it about 4 months, was washing it the other day and the front bumper felt loose. you can pick it up and down a good quarter inch which I wouldn't think was supposed to happen on a 4 month old car. A couple days later I was out looking at some Cobalt SS at a local dealer and thought about it so I tried to move the bumper on it and it too was loose. This prompted me to check a couple more cobalts on the lot and they were all loose! This actually has me intrigued now, so I go to the Chevrolet dealership where we just bought our car and asked about if it was a recall or something to which they had not heard of this particular problem before.. So I walked out on the lot with my dealer and we shook some of the bumpers on the Brand new ones with almost 0 miles on them and they were loose as well.. Does anyone elses front bumpers feel loose? If this is a widespread thing and is common on the cobalts then it needs to be dealt with by GM.. Anyway just wondering if anyone elses are loose and if they could speak up and or take their car in to the dealer and ask about it. Maybe that will get the ball rolling on some sort of fix for it.. Thanks in advance for reading!

Re: Made a call to GM..
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:15 AM
Sounds like typical GM cars, I would think adding some form of extra bracing could help though.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Re: Made a call to GM..
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:11 AM
Yea, I looked into it more and the only thing on the bumper that is actually bolted on it where the bumper attaches to the fenders, the rest are plastic push ins.. Definately need some more support under there!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search